Terms of Business
1. We require a £200 booking fee to hold the date for your wedding, this is non-refundable but does come off your final bill. Should the bill be under £200, a percentage of the total fee will be mutually agree.
You are given 48 hours from paying a booking fee to change your mind, but after this time it is non-refundable in any circumstances. In the event of cancellation, the booking fee cannot be used towards goods or in part payment of goods. The booking fee secures your date and in the event of a cancellation is used to cover time spent on the consultation, costing, sourcing and preparing your quote and towards probable lost revenue from turning other clients away. We can sometimes move dates, but this is at our sole discretion and not guaranteed.
2. Your final wedding price includes one-hour complimentary wedding consultation and a further 30 minutes final consultation. Any further appointments are liable for an additional charge of £30.00 per hour this also applies to excessive phone calls & emails/messages.
3. All prices include VAT at the current rate. The final invoice must be agreed and paid for 2 weeks before the date of the wedding. Late payments may result in certain flowers or sundries having to be substituted as ordering will have been delayed. We accept cash or all major credit or debit cards. Payment in instalments can be arranged leading up to the date but not after the date of the wedding.
4. Once final payment is received no refund can be made in any circumstances.
5. All flowers will be delivered to you in prime condition in suitable packaging and will have been photographed in store before delivery. It is the responsibility of the receiver to make sure the flowers are kept in optimum conditions out of the way of pets and children and not excessively handled before the time of the actual wedding. We strongly advise giving young Bridesmaids/Page boys their flowers at the very last minute. We also strongly advise that photographers are not allowed to handle your flowers until after the ceremony. A signature will be obtained by the client or representative at the delivery address to confirm you are happy with the flowers.
6. Pinning of buttonholes/corsages on clothing or accessories is done at the wearers own risk. Porto’s Flowers Ltd cannot be responsible for any snagging, staining or tearing to delicate materials by any flowers, foliage, pins, or fastenings we supply.
7. Plant material can be harmful if consumed. For young bridesmaids and page boys please make them aware of the dangers of eating any of the elements in their flowers or buttonholes. Any allergies to certain flowers or foliage the client must make Porto’s Flowers Ltd aware of this at ordering stage. We will not be responsible for any allergic reactions to any flowers or foliage or accessories supplied by Porto’s Flowers Ltd
8. Porto’s Flowers Ltd cannot be held responsible for the very unlikely failure of delivery of special orders by the wholesaler. In the rare case of delivery failure, we will do all we can to substitute the ordered flowers with the nearest varieties to the original order. Small variations in colour and size may occur but the overall appearance will be adhered to should this ever happen.
9. If any elements are being transported from one venue to another by anybody other than Porto’s Flowers Ltd staff or associates, the client does so at their own risk. Any flowers collected from the shop are also at your own risk. Any collections by the client or third party will be checked off at the shop and Porto’s Flowers Ltd will not be responsible for any damage or missing items.
10. It is the Client's responsibility to inform their caterer/venue coordinator of the number of floral decorations you have purchased and where they should be placed. Porto’s Flowers Ltd may leave flowers in a designated area (as directed by the venue) and will leave a delivery note for the caterer/venue coordinator if your reception room is not set out at time of delivery. It is not the responsibility of Porto’s Flowers Ltd if caterers /venue coordinators do not place your floral decorations into the correct final position.
11. Porto’s Flowers Ltd reserve the right to use your event and images for publicity and marketing purposes on our website, social media and printed advertisements. This includes photos we have taken, or any found taken by individuals or professionals that are on social media and in the public domain.
12. If choosing the hire option for glassware or any other sundries, these must be returned within 24 hours (or as soon as the shop is open again), in their original packaging and in the condition in which they were received. It is the responsibility of the client if items are lost, broken or not returned the retail charge will be taken from the hire deposit held at the shop. We can collect hire items for a small fee. If we do collect from venues, any breakages or missing items will also be charged at retail price from the holding deposit.
13. Porto’s Flowers Ltd cannot be held responsible to failure to deliver any order due to an Act of God, terrorism, crime, transport failure, extreme weather conditions (including snow and flooding) or denial of access to venues or religious sites. We will however do everything in our power to ensure you do get your wedding flowers. Porto’s Flowers Ltd recommends purchasing Wedding Insurance from a reputable company to protect your investment on your wedding day.
14. In the very unlikely event that you are unhappy with your flowers on the day of your wedding, or items are missing once delivered or set up at venues, you must contact Porto’s Flowers Ltd within 2 HOURS of receipt, so we can do whatever is necessary to rectify the problem. Any duration of time after the wedding day we are unable to refund any money as it is too late to resolve any issues after the event has finished.
I have read and understood the terms and conditions above and I accept them.
(Client) Print Name: _______________________________________
On behalf of Porto's Flowers Ltd
Print Name: _______________________________________
Booking Fee Paid _______________________________________